Mining Multimedia Documents
by Wahiba Ben Abdessalem Karaa and Nilanjan Dey
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1138031720 | 241 pages
- Introduces techniques and approaches to mining multimedia documents
- Focuses on the document content: text, images, video, and sound
- Provides an insight into open research problems related to multimedia document mining
- Offer easy and detailed comprehension of various document contents
- Also, helpful for scientists and practitioners to choose an appropriate approaches to their problems
The information age has led to an explosion in the amount of information available to the individual and the means by which it is accessed, stored, viewed, and transferred. In particular, the growth of the internet has led to the creation of huge repositories of multimedia documents in a diverse range of scientific and professional fields, as well as the tools to extract useful knowledge from them.
Mining Multimedia Documents is a must-read for researchers, practitioners, and students working at the intersection of data mining and multimedia applications. It investigates various techniques related to mining multimedia documents based on text, image, and video features. It provides an insight into the open research problems benefitting advanced undergraduates, graduate students, researchers, scientists, and practitioners in the fields of medicine, biology, production, education, government, national security, and economics.